Longreach Aviation, in partnership with Crew Resources Worldwide, is pleased to offer these excellent commuting contracts with Air Japan for Captains on the B767 for both type rated and non-type rated airline Captains.
Additional Contract Bonuses!
Air Japan have announced an increase to their contract conditions:
- Captains in Years 1, 2 and 3 will receive an annual bonus of USD30,000
- Captains in Years 4 and 5 will receive an annual bonus of USD36,000
- An additional USD30,000 will be paid after 5 years as a contract completion bonus.
Air Japan operates a fleet of passenger & freighter B767s which operate within Asia to China, Seoul, Bangkok, Singapore and Honolulu with more destinations planned.These contracts are for 5 years in length with an operating base of Narita, Japan.
An excellent commuting package is offered with a block of 10 days off per month as a contractual minimum. Additionally, current policy is to allow 2 extra days for commuting, and the possibility exists to add 2 vacation days giving a total of 14 days off as a block.
Air Japan also provides $2000 USD per month to assist with commuting to Tokyo, whilst also offering staff travel on Star Alliance partner airlines.
Air Japan are interviewing now so contact us if you need more information, or would like to discuss any aspect of this position.
If you would like to download a flyer then please click here.
If you wish, Longreach can arrange for one of our pilot consultants to contact you so you can talk at length, and in depth, about this position. No other recruitment company has pilots talking to pilots, giving an honest pilot’s perspective.
Air Japan has advised that they will mainly be recruiting First Officers, and that Captain positions will, in general, be filled with upgrades. However, in the event a scheduled class falls short of FO candidates, Air Japan may choose to fill any empty slots with direct entry Captains.
Longreach suggests that you complete the forms and submit them to us. We will have them on file when such a position becomes available.
The following table shows the pay rates at Air Japan.
All amounts are US Dollars.
Salary & Benefits: Air Japan Captains
$US per month
|Other Pmts &|
|Contract Completion |
|$30,000 at end of contract for 5 years continuous service|
- B767 type rating provided by Air Japan
- No bond payable for the rating
- Up to 14 days off in a block per month
- Contract completion bonus of $30,000 USD after 5 years
- 24 vacation days per year
- Sick leave accrues at 1 day/2 months (max 12 days)
- Worldwide medical insurance provided for pilot and family. This includes US health insurance for US citizens.
- Staff travel benefits on Star Alliance
- Life insurance provided for up to $300,000 AUD
- 5 year contract with extensions to age 65
- JCAB Licence
- 6,000 hours Total Time
- 3,000 hours Jet PIC
- ICAO licence with Command rating
- Multi-engine Jet experience > 50,000kg
- Valid ICAO Medical Certificate
- ICAO English Level 4 or higher
Firstly, please make sure you have registered with Longreach Aviation.
Click here to register.
The application for Air Japan requires the submission of the following documents:
- Application Form
- Letter of Appointment,
- Completed Aeronautical Experience form, plus
- Scanned copies of the following personal documents:
- Medical Certificate
- Photo ID page of Passport
- Last 6 left and right pages of logbook (that means 12 scanned pages in total)
- Letter of verification of hours from your current employer, or authority
To obtain the application package, including sample documents, please email Brett Tuohy.
Please ensure that all the documents are completed and attached when you return your application form to us.
Longreach Aviation will assist you in the completion of the documentation if required.
Completion of the Aeronautical Experience form can be difficult, especially as much of the information required generally occurred during your early flying career. However, if you follow the instructions carefully that can often assist in making the process easier.
If you have any difficulty in understanding what is being asked, then please contact us email@example.com and we will have a consultant contact you to assist where necessary.
Completed applications are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org